PRECAST CONCRETE REPLACEMENT SLABS FOR BRIDGE DECKS
The report illustrates and evaluates the first use in Virginia of precast concrete replacement slabs for bridge decks. It shows that a bridge deck can be replaced with the precast slabs while traffic is maintained in the adjacent traffic lane. The quality of the prototype deck appears to be comparable to that of a conventional site-cast deck and, although a conventional deck could be constructed for slightly less money, the new design offers the advantage of reduced on-site construction time that would be worth the added cost in many situations.
- Record URL:
Virginia Highway and Transportation Research CouncilCharlottesville, VA United States
Virginia Department of HighwaysTraffic and Planning Division, 1221 East Broad Street
Richmond, VA United States 23219
- Sprinkel, M M
- Publication Date: 1982-7
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Concrete; Precast concrete; Slabs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Replacing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00392172
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: VHTRC 83-R2 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTL, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM