FATIGUE CRACK INITIATION AND PROPAGATION IN METALS OF STRUCTURAL INTEREST
The mechansims of fatigue crack initiation and propagation in plastic metals is compared with the mechanisms in elasto-plastic metals. The microplastic behaviour of elasto-plastic metals is related to the stability of the strengthening mechanisms and to cyclic hardening or softening. Fatigue crack propagation models are compared with experimental observations and cumulative crack propagation is observed.
George Washington Transportation Research Institute. Center for Intelligent Systems Research,
- Gilmore, C M
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue cracking
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Fatigue life
- Old TRIS Terms: Crack formation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00072522
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 19 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67A-0214-0011
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1974 12:00AM