HIGH SPEED FREIGHT WAGONS
In 1969 the Railway Engineering Group of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers conducted a conference during which five technical papers were presented. The opening address identified the five basic commercial requirements for freight rolling stock as: High payload/tare ratio; construction and maintenance costs; adaptibility; safety; and running speed. The paper presented included: Current Design Activities on British Railways; Wagons and the Private Owner; Suspension Design for High-Performance Two-Axle Freight Vehicles; The Private Builder's contribution to the Development of Freight Stock; and Wagon Running Gear.
- This is the proceedings of a conference arranged by the Railway Engineering Group of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 16 October 1969.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers1 Birdcage Walk
London SW1H 9JJ, England
- Publication Date: 1969
- Pagination: 90 p.
- Volume: 184
- Issue Number: Pt3D
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Mechanical engineering; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Tribology; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072484
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1974 12:00AM