FUEL FROM FARMS. A GUIDE TO SMALL-SCALE ETHANOL PRODUCTION
The current status of on-farm fermentation ethanol production is presented, with an overview of some technical and economic factors. Tools such as decision and planning worksheets and a sample business plan are provided. Production information is given on raw materials, system components, and operational requirements. The information is applied to the design of a representative small-scale fermentation ethanol production plant, with an output of 25 gal of anhydrous ethanol/hr. This representative plant is intended to serve as a model from which an actual facility can be designed, built, and operated. Appendices provide a description of current Federal and state regulations and legislation concerning fermentation ethanol production; information on plant licensing and bonding requirements enforced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms; discussion of environmental considerations for on-farm production of ethanol; reference data and charts; a list of resource people and organizations; a bibliography; and a glossary.
Solar Energy Research InstituteSolar Energy Information Data Bank, 1617 Cole Boulevard
Golden, CO United States 80401
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Ethanol; Production; Regulations; Small business
- Subject Areas: Economics; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00391849
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SERI/SP-451-519, HS-028 860, UC-61
- Contract Numbers: DOE-EG-77-C-01-4042
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM