1972 CARLOAD WAYBILL STATISTICS. TERRITORIAL DISTRIBUTION, TRAFFIC AND REVENUE BY COMMODITY CLASSES
This publication is the first compilation of carload waybill statistics prepared under direction of the Federal Railroad Administration. The data have been complied from a sample of audited revenue waybills submitted to FRA by 77 railroads and is the documentation resulting in 222,325 carloads. The sample includes import, export, transit, rebilled and piggyback traffic in carloads terminated by line-haul railroads. Tabulations of territorial distributions utilize a computer-based Waybill Information Processing System (WIPS) developed under direction of FRA. WIPS will be applied to data for 1973 and subsequent years. To give a basis for comparison the statistics have been compared with ICC's Freight Commodity Statistics (QCS).
- Inquires regarding this publication should be directed to Chief, Information and Analysis Division RA-53, Office of Economics, Federal Railroad Administration.
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 222 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Demand; Freight transportation; Statistics; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic patterns
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Transport systems analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072458
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TD-1
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM