SPLASH AND SPRAY FROM ROAD VEHICLES AND ASSOCIATED TOPICS: A BIBLIOGRAPHY
Approximately 113 citations are given on some aerodynamic characteristics of motor vehicles on various road surfaces and under varying conditions. Some topics covered include: wet road friction at high speeds; water spray generated by road vehicles; effects of visibility on driver performance; spray patterns and suppression; highway and vehicular safety; drag and spray produced by pneumatic wheels moving through water layers; spray reducing devices for vehicles; surfaces laid to reduce splash and spray; water surface depth measurement; and pneumatic tire hydroplaning.
Cranfield Institute of Technology, EnglandCenter for Transport Studies
Cranfield, Bedfordshire, England
- COWPERTHWAITE, N A
- Publication Date: 1984-6
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Bibliographies; Driver performance; Drivers; High speed ground transportation; High speed vehicles; Hydroplaning; Motor vehicles; Pavements; Personnel performance; Speed; Surface course (Pavements); Tires; Vehicle safety; Visibility; Wet weather
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wet pavements
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00391761
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CAR-8425
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM