AUTOMATIC LAND VEHICLE NAVIGATION USING ROAD MAP DATA
A land navigation system has been developed that provides accurate navigation data while the vehicle is traveling on mapped roads. The system is autonomous and consists of a simple dead-reckoning navigator that is updated with stored road map data. Simulation and preliminary test results indicate that accuracies on the order of 50 feet can be achieved. Accuracy is independent of time.
- Portions are illegible in microfiche products.
Sandia National LaboratoriesP.O. Box 5800
Albuquerque, NM United States 87185
- Schindwolf, R
- Publication Date: 1984-6
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Automation; Data analysis; Maps; Mathematical analysis; Navigation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00391670
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAND-84-0838
- Contract Numbers: AC04-76DP00789
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM