This symposium report contains the papers and a summary of the discussions given at a Seakeeping Symposium held to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the milestone paper, "On the Motions of Ships in Confused Seas" by Manley St. Dennis and Dr. Willard J. Pierson, Jr. Also included are papers by Drs. St. Dennis and Pierson giving their feelings on the future direction of work in this area. The symposium was divided into sessions covering: Waves; Transfer Function and Hydrodynamics Inputs; and Ship Response Theory and Application. The report contains a total of thirteen papers on the subject of seakeeping.
- Sponsored by SNAME Panel H-7 (Seakeeping Characteristics) at Webb Institute of Naval Architecture.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 275 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic spectrum; Seakeeping; Ship motion; Transfer functions
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship response
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072438
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech & Res Symp S-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM