GUIDELINES FOR TUNNEL LINING DESIGN
These guidelines set forth a program for conceptual and practical orientation in the design of tunnel linings. They are not intended to be used as a code or collection of specification. They cover a broad range of subjects including operational criteria, principles for selecting and dimensioning the lining, tunnel construction, geotechnical investigations, the influence of water and observations and instrumentation. Tunnel linings need to be viewed in light of the many functional, construction and geotechnical requirements that dictate how they are developed in practice. These guidelines are written for owners, funding agencies, designers, and contractors.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Geology; Guidelines; Structural design; Tunnel lining; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Tunnel design
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation; I25: Design of Tunnels;
- Accession Number: 00391503
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM