ECUT ENERGY DATA REFERENCE SERIES: LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS FOR GROUND TRANSPORTATION
This report summarizes information that describes the use of lightweight materials in automobiles. The information on this mode of transportation represents the largest potential energy savings for substitution of lightweight materials in the transportation sector. Included are data on energy conversion efficiency of the engine and its relationship to vehicle weight, the capital stock, the amount of energy used and the service activity level as measured in ton-miles.
- Portions are illegible in microfiche products.
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory3180 George Washington Way
Richland, WA United States 99354
- Abarcar, R B
- Hane, G J
- Johnson, D R
- Publication Date: 1984-7
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Economic efficiency; Energy consumption; Energy conversion; Gross vehicle weight; Lightweight materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00391433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: PNL-5192
- Contract Numbers: AC06-76RL01830
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1985 12:00AM