INTEGRATING CONSTRUCTION RESOURCES AND TECHNOLOGY INTO ENGINEERING
Significant benefits can be obtained by the thorough integration of construction expertise with project engineering. The benefits consist of reducing project costs and schedules, through the increased use of new construction technology. Some owners do not demand or support an integrated process because they do not understand or appreciate the potential benefits and the attractive rate of return on a comparatively small added investment. Contractors do not fully implement constructability programs unless they have owner support. Moreover, most contracts are not written so as to provide an incentive for contractors to integrate engineering and construction. There is a shortage of personnel qualified to make a significant contribution to the integration process. (Author)
- A Construction Industry Cost Effectiveness Project Report.
Business Roundtable200 Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10166
- Publication Date: 1982-8
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Design; Engineering; Integrated systems; Productivity; Programming (Planning); Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Integration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Design; Highways; I50: Construction and Supervision of Construction;
- Accession Number: 00391399
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report B-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1985 12:00AM