MODERN METHODS OF TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION
LES PROCEDES MODERNES DE CONSTRUCTION DES TUNNELS
Reprint of program and papers of the conference on Tunnel Construction 1) Nice faces its expansion. Needs in transportation infrastructure, especially tunnels. 2) Possibilities and limitations of underground construction in Nice. 3) Conception and characteristics of the Cimiez tunnel in Nice. 4) Construction work on the Cimiez tunnel. 5) Planning the Autoroute A8 in the Department of the Maritime Alps. 6) Construction plan for tunnels on Rte A8. 7) Possible problems at the execution of underground cavities by the new Austrian tunnelling method (not reprinted here). 8) Interesting points in preliminary research. 9) Completion of tunnels on the A8. 10) Experimental sections of the City Center Tunnel (Tunnel Centre Ville) of Marseille. 11) Doubling the tunnel of Saint Cloud/Paris: a new tunnel parallel and close to the old one. 12) The Tunnel under the Channel: Calais-Dover. 13) Recent achievements in rapid transport by the R.A.T.P. (Paris). 14) Tunnels of the French alpine highways. 15) Use of modern methods in the construction of subterranean galleries of the E.D.F.
- Research Conference, Nice, October 1974.
Ministry of Construction, FranceParis, France
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 224 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Excavation and tunneling; Methodology; Needs assessment; Planning; Rail transit facilities; Structural design; Subways; Transportation; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Identifier Terms: Paris Metro
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design
- Geographic Terms: Paris (France)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway construction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00072226
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1981 12:00AM