TRAFFIC SIGNS: GOVERNMENT STANDARDS
ZNAKI DOROZHNYE: GUSUDARSTVENNYI KOMITET STANDARTOV
This standard establishes the form, dimensions, and meaning of road signs, as well as the points at which they are to be displayed. The signs are categorized into four types: warning, restricting, directing, and indicating. Additional means of information can be placed upon small placards. The section on the distribution of road signs and the zones to which they apply discusses specifically the physical areas which they cover. The chapter on installment of signs discusses the manner in which the markings are to be hung. The technical requirements refer to the colors, specifications, dimensions, materials, etc., with charts and tables (e.g., the required distance of letter spacings, etc.) The appendices show the markings of the images and layout of the script in both the Russian and Laton alphabets, as well as in the Armenian.
Council of Ministers of the Union of USSRState Committee of Standards
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Dimensional analysis; Gravimeters; Information management; Information, data, and knowledge; Location; Materials; Traffic signs
- Old TRIS Terms: Dimensional measurement
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00072224
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: GOST 10807-71
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM