CARS. PRINCIPLE UNITS AND MACHINERY. TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
AVTOMOBILI. OSNOVNYE AGREGATY I MEKHANIZMY. TERMINY I OPREDELENIIA
This standard establishes the terms and definitions employed in the science, technology, and production of the principal units and machinery of the automobile. The classification headings of the pamphlet include the various types of transmissions, couplings and coupling gears, transmissions gear boxes and gears, universal transmissions, differential gears, front axles, carrier systems, wheels, suspensions, tires, steering controls, and braking systems. A typical definition reads as follows: "Automobile tire--the elastic part of the automobile wheel, installed an its rim and serving for the lightening of the dynamic load upon the wheel, with the goal of increasing the cohesion of the wheel with the road."
Council of Ministers of the Union of USSRState Committee of Standards
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Gears; Technology; Tires; Transmissions; Wheels
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072223
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM