SAFETY BELTS FOR DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS OF VEHICLES TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND METHODS OF TESTS
REMNI BEZOPASNOSTI DLIA VODITELEI I PASSAZHIROV AVTOTRANSPORTNYKH SREDSTV. TEKHNICHESKIE TREBOVANIIA I METODY ISPYTANII
This standard pertains to safety belts for operators and passengers of light and cargo vehicles, autobuses, trolleybuses, and other means of transportation, and establishes the technical requirements for safety belts, for the parts of which they are composed, their replanishment and rapair, and methods of testing their safety and efficacity. These types of belts are built into the chassis, intended for individual utilization by the operator or by an adult passenger sitting normally and facing forward in the direction of motion of the vehicle. Diagrams include references to the dummy used in testing the belts, such as its dimensions, distribution of controlling points, motion of its parts, etc; as well as to the stand used in the experiments for dynamic testing of the belts. The appendices delineate the dummy's technical requirements. The main body of the pamphlet is divided into chapters of technical requirements and testing methods. A typical technical requirement is that the belts must have a system of straps which lock and regulate the device and absorb some of the energy. The chapter of testing methods includes references to examining the belts under various temperature conditions, in motion, etc.
Council of Ministers of the Union of USSRState Committee of Standards
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Dimensional analysis; Freight transportation; Locks (Waterways); Manual safety belts; Motion; Temperature; Test procedures
- Old TRIS Terms: Dimensional measurement
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00072219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: GOST 18837-73
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM