CURRICULM AND PROGRAMS FOR UPGRADING AUTOMOBILE DRIVER QUALIFICATIONS TO CLASS TWO
UCHEBNYI PLAN I PROGRAMMY DL IA POVYSHENI IA KVALIFIKIKAT SII. VODITELEI AVTOMOBILEI NA VTOROI KLASS
These materials are intended to raise the driver's technical level and to broaden his knowledge of the construction of nationally produced diesel engine automobiles, autobuses, and cargo vehicles, particularly models PAZ-672, LAZ-697, LIAZ-677, and MAZ-500. Visual aids, machinery, details, models, charts, and films are to be used in conjunction with instruction. The pamphlet includes chapters on the qualification requirements of class two drivers, on the construction and maintenance of autobuses (e.g., engine, cooling and lubricating systems, electrical equipment, transmission, driving mechanism), and on diesel engine automobiles (e.g., general construction and working process, crank-shaft and gas distribution mechanisms). Also covered are the basic types of specialized rolling stock; industrial, agricultural, and construction loads, and dangerous and quickly-spoiling cargoes. The section on automotive theory covers forces acting upon the vehicle in traffic (e.g., deceleration, stability, stress distribution, controllability). The final chapter on traffic rules and traffic safety covers the driver's general obligations, road signs, road signals, specialized driving conditions, and finally the driver's own responsibility in regard to transpression of traffic regulations.
Council of Ministers of the Union of USSRState Committee on Professional Technical Education
- Publication Date: 1968
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Buses; Diesel engines; Driver training; Freight transportation; Maintenance; Minerals; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Cryolite
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM