MOTOR VEHICLE THEFT LAW ENFORCEMENT ACT OF 1983
This Law Enforcement Act is to enhance the detection of motor vehicle theft and to improve the prosecution of motor vehicle theft by requiring the Secretary of Transportation to issue standards relating to the identification of vehicle parts and components, by increasing criminal penalties applicable to trafficking in stolen vehicles and parts, by curtailing the exportation of stolen motor vehicles and off-highway mobile equipment, and by establishing penalties applicable to the dismantling of vehicles for the purpose of trafficking in stolen parts, and for other purposes.
- Hearing before the Subcommittee on Surface Transportation, 98th Congress, 1st Session on S.1400.
United States SenateCommittee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Hearings; Law enforcement; Legislation; Motor vehicles; Penalties; Prosecution; Standards; Theft; Vehicle identification numbers; Vehicle theft
- Subject Areas: Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00390882
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 98-32, HS-036 885
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1984 12:00AM