TECHNICAL AND ECONOMIC ASPECTS OF DESIGN AND USE OF ELECTRIC PASSENGER VEHICLES
The study investigates in how far vehicles with electric drive can be realised with todays state of development and whether they can be used when considering the present demand of use. Battery-driven electric passenger cars are in the centre of interest as they show the technical problems most distinctively. These problems are tackled in the following steps--description of the state of technology and the expected progress concerning components of the electric road vehicle;--considerations of energy and economy of the electric vehicle;--comparison of the driving performance of electric vehicles and conventional passenger cars;--comparison between battery-driven electric vehicles and fuel-cell driven vehicles and vehicles with hybrid drive;--questions of infrastructure (power generation and -distribution for electric vehicles).
Arbeitsgemeinschaft der GrossforschungseinrichtungBonn, Germany
- Bucher, W
- Publication Date: 1982-7
- Pagination: 299 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Economic factors; Electric vehicles; Feasibility analysis; State of the art studies; Vehicle design; Vehicle performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic considerations
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00390773
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: NP-4770264
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1984 12:00AM