TESTING AND EVALUATION OF JET ELECTRIC VEHICLE MODELS: 600, 1000, AND 1000P. FINAL REPORT FY80-FY83
The major purpose of this program is to test the performance and the economy of contemporary electric vehicle versus conventional internal combustion engine vehicle for delivery type industrial applications. The test data of these three different types of vehicles, compared to similar conventional internal combustions engine vehicles, operated at same locations and conditions, show that conventional vehicles have advantages over the electric vehicles and that: total electric vehicle maintenance and energy cost is 58 cents/mile; and Total internal combustion engine vehicle maintenance and energy cost is 24 cents/mile. Other advantages and disadvantages are stated in the Conclusions paragraph of this report.
Army Tank-Automotive CommandWarren, MI United States 48090
- Mekari, M H
- Publication Date: 1984-2
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Costs; Electric vehicles; Energy consumption; Internal combustion engines; Vehicle dynamics
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00390771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: AD-A-140123/1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1984 12:00AM