COST EXPERIENCE OF AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT SYSTEMS. (SUPPLEMENT 5) COSTS AND TRENDS FOR THE PERIOD 1976-1982
This report summarizes the cost experiences and trends of sixteen domestic AGT systems. Capital costs, operation and maintenance costs, system characteristics, operational statistics, and unit cost measures are presented to provide useful information to those contemplating the installation of AGT systems. To provide insight into important cost variations in this data, analyses of basic cost measures, evaluation of trends, and comparison with other transportation modes are also included. Sixth in a series, this report follows an initial report and four supplements. The supplemental reports have been published annually with updated information since 1979. Supplement V has been expanded to include more narrative and illustrations, and a new section which shows AGT system costs over time, thus giving a historical perspective in one volume. The sixteen AGT systems examined in this report all utilize bottom-supported vehicles and operate in the following locations: Busch Gardens, Williamsburg; Dallas-Fort Worth Airport ("Airtrans"); Duke University Medical Center; Fairlane Shopping Center; Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport; Houston Intercontinental Airport; King's Dominion Amusement Park; Miami International Airport; Miami Metro Zoo; Minnesota Zoological Garden; Orlando International Airport; Pearlridge Center; Seattle-Tacoma International Airport; Tampa International Airport; Walt Disney World; and West Virginia University ("Morgantown").
- See also PB83-162792.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Dynatrend, Incorporated21 Cabot Road
Woburn, MA United States 01801
- Publication Date: 1984-4
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Case studies; Financial capital; History; Life cycle analysis; Life cycle costing; Maintenance management; Operating costs; Statistical analysis
- Identifier Terms: Urban Mass Transportation Act
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Umta section 6
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; History; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00390658
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-84-8, UMTA-MA-06-0126-84-5
- Contract Numbers: DTRS-57-80-C-0081
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1984 12:00AM