STUDY OF URBAN TRAFFIC CONTROL DURING RUSH HOUR
ETUDE DE LA REGULATION DU TRAFIC URBAIN EN PERIODE DE SATURATION
This is a detailed description of a method to regulate urban traffic lights upon saturation of the network. An optimization criterion is derived from a macroscopic model, and the duration of the green light signals is independently determined for each segment. Theoretical analyses of the validity of the criterion and of the optimization method selected are presented. A sensitivity analysis and a microscopic simulation of the traffic have proved the adequacy of the model.
Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches de ToulouseOffice Natioanl d'Etudes et de Recherches Aerospatiales
- Henry, J J
- Leglise, M
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Green interval (Traffic signal cycle); Optimization; Peak hour traffic; Peak periods; Simulation; Traffic signal control systems; Urban highways
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00072152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM