INTERNATIONAL GOODS TRANSPORTATION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY - 1990
GRENZUEBERSCHREITENDER GUETERVERKEHR - 1990
The Battelle Institute and Transconsult studied the long-term development of international freight transportation arranged by sea, waterways, air and ground transportation with special consideration of combined transportation. International trade statistics were used as a basis for an econometric model of international trade and transportation projections. This report contains analyses and projections of:1) international freight transportation for all imports and exports, goods movements by countries of groups of countries and by types of goods; 2) the modal split between rail, trucks, inland vessels, sea vessels and pipelines; 3) air freight; 4) the percentage of containerized freight in international freight transportation by 1990. Tables and figures illustrate all stages of the study.
Ministry of Transport, West GermanyBundesminister fuer Verkehr (BMV)
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Econometric models; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Imports; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Modal split; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Projection
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00072131
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 46
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM