FATALITY TRENDS. VICTIM AGE. NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 1983
This is one of a bimonthly series of brief reports on highway traffic fatality trends in the United States. The data are from the Fatal Accident Reporting System (FARS). FARS has now accumulated over eight years of data on fatal highway accidents. It can provide an indication of effects that are relatively stable, those that are seasonal, and those that vary over the years. Each issue of this publication will contain a simple presentation of one aspect of these effects. The purpose is merely to show the trends rather than to analyze or explain them. The aspect examined in this issue is victim age.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Crash victims; Fatalities; Trend (Statistics)
- Identifier Terms: Fatal Accident Reporting System
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00390416
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-036 929
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1984 12:00AM