HSB - A STUDY OF A HIGH SPEED TRANSPORT SYSTEM. SUMMARY: SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND CONCLUSIONS
HSB-STUDIE UEBER EIN SCHNELLVERKEHRSSYSTEM KURZBERICHT: SYSTEMANALYSE UND ERGEBNISSE
This report contains the results of a study commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Transport to consider a potential rapid rail transit system for Germany. The system considered is to transport motor vehicles and goods as well as passengers. The existing transport systems are analyzed to provide a basis for a number of different model configurations of varying technologies, infra-structure, and possible levels of use. These models are then analyzed in terms of operational and national economy. The study determined that a rapid rail system would substantially improve transport relationships between sections of the Federal Republic of Germany, while relieving the load on the highways. The new system, if adopted, should be connected with the existing rail system although not operating on the same track. The greatest efficiency would be achieved by using separate trains for passengers and goods, but all trains must travel at the same speed. The study also indicates further research subjects in the field of transportation.
- Also available from NTIS, PB-230 458-T.
Ministry of Transport, West GermanyBundesminister fuer Verkehr (BMV)
- Publication Date: 1969
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed ground transportation; High speed rail; Intelligent transportation systems; Intermodal services; Technology; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn
- Geographic Terms: Germany; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072116
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM