ROAD RESEARCH: 50 YEAR OLD GERMAN ROAD RESEARCH SOCIETY. 1924-1974
STRASSENFORSCHUNG. 50 JAHRE FORSCHUNGSGESELLSCHAFT FUER DAS STRASSENWESEN 1924-1974
The Institute for Road Research consists of specialists in government, sciences and industry. This review of 50 years of road research in Germany begins with an overview, reports on road construction in the 1920's and gives a chronology on the activities for the institut from 1924-1974. Twelve articles deal with specific topics: 1. From surface treatment to asphalt overlay. 2. Concrete road construction. 3. Road construction with aggregate subbase. 4. Excavation and soil mechanics. 5. The problem of road traction. 6. Roadbed test centers: Experiments and long-term observations. 7. Methods of road construction and road construction machinery. 8. Road planning and road design. 9. Roads and the Environment. 10. City traffic. 11. Traffic engineering. 12. Computer techniques in road development. The appendices show organizational structure, memberships, research projects and publications of the Institute for Road Research.
German Road Research SocietyMaastrichter Strasse 45
5 Cologne, Germany
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 387 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Documents; Foreign; Highway design; Highways; Information processing; Research; Road construction; Road tests; Soil mechanics; Surface treating; Traffic engineering
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00072106
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM