STOWING OF GOODS IN CONTAINERS AND ON FLATS
This handbook consists of a summary of the experience and practical applications acquired in various branches of the transportation sector. The stowing instructions summarized are very well detailed and include information on loading stress, packing material, securing loads on flats and in containers, and a section on the handling of dangerous goods. Illustrations are included.
- Also available from the International Cargo Handling Coordination Association.
Swedish Transport Research CommissionGrev Turegatan 12D
11446 Stocklhom, Sweden
International Cargo Handling Coordination AssnCentral Office
London SW1V 1LX, England
- Publication Date: 1968
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Container handling; Containerization; Freight handling; Freight security; Freight traffic; Handbooks; Hazardous materials; In place density; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Loads; Shipping; Stuffing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading
- Old TRIS Terms: Flat bed; Freight protection
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00072103
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1976 12:00AM