THE OVERGROUND-TRAFFIC-SYSTEM "AEROBUS"
The AEROBUS cableway is a new system which gives a smoother ride than old style cables. The cable curves upward slightly, leveling to horizontal when a cabin passes. Since movement is smoother, it can also be made faster, up to 50 mph. The cabins carry 100 passengers each. 6000 passengers can be carried per minute if sufficient cabins are availabe. The first major installation in Mannheim will do so, with 8 cabins going a 2 mile route at a cost of $2.2 million.
Mueller (G) MaschinenbauZurich, Switzerland
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Cable suspension guideways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00072096
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM