DOCUMENTATION FOR THE NEW HIGHWAY FUEL CONSUMPTION MODEL
The emphasis of this external documentation is to assist the user/analyst in understanding what the model does in forecasting fuel consumption and how to operate it. A detailed narrative of program and data file structures is presented. An overview of the new model's framework and capabilities is provided. The FORTRAN source code, the communication of information within the model, the variables and parameters which control the scenario forecast, and the location and contents of the data files are described. The mathematical algorithms employed in the model's calculations are specified and the forecast options available to the user are defined. The interactive execution of the HFC model under the TSO operating system on the DOE/EIA IBM 3033 computer are demonstrated. Several TSO command language procedures have been written to assist in maintaining the program code. General guidelines on manipulating the model and its files are provided.
Energy and Environmental Analysis, Incorporated1111 North 19th Street
Arlington, VA United States 22209
- Publication Date: 1982-1
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Computer programming languages; Documents; Fuel consumption; Mathematical models; User interfaces (Computer science)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation; Interactive computing
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00390028
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOE/PE/70032-T15
- Contract Numbers: AC01-79PE70032
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1984 12:00AM