REGIONAL AND SEASONAL TRENDS IN FUEL ECONOMY AND TRAVEL
The J. D. Power surey of new vehicle owners and the NFO fuel purchase diary panel are used to detail how vehicle fleets differ across the nation. An analysis of whether use patterns and fuel economy of new vehicle vary regionally is presented. The regional and seasonal matrices of vehicle miles travelled (VMT) and fuel economy for the regional fleets found in the NFO panel are summarized. A preliminary analysis of fuel switching rates is presented, based on tentative identifications of the fuel type required in the NFO vehicle sample.
Energy and Environmental Analysis, Incorporated1111 North 19th Street
Arlington, VA United States 22209
- Publication Date: 1981-7
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel consumption; Regions; Seasons; Vehicle miles of travel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Seasonal variations
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00390026
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOE/PE/70032-T12
- Contract Numbers: AC01-79PE70032
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1984 12:00AM