UNE POLITIQUE POUR LA ROUTE
This report was prepared by the Department of Roads and Road Transport. Roads are important for the modern economy. They are important in ground transport because of their adaptability to differing needs. The present state of the French road network has to be improved. An international comparison of road networks points out the inferior state of roads in France. A policy for improving the road network is necessary on all state and local levels. A modified master plan was approved on 10/28/71 by the council of ministers. Government funding for roads was increased. The Department of Roads is planning fast improvement of roads, to solve urban congestion and to improve public transport service. A coherent policy of maintenance, equipment and usage of roads has the aim of improving the services for the user.
Ministry of Regional Mgt,Indus,Housing-Tourism, FrParis, France
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Federal aid highways; Foreign; Ground transportation; Highway maintenance; Highway planning; Improvements; Networks; Public transit; Research projects; Roads; Transportation; Transportation policy; User benefits
- Candidate Terms: Road networks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road improvements
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00072072
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM