ECHOS DES COMMUNICATIONS
This report is a compendium of topical transportation literature. It contains 3 major articles. 1. Transportation policy in the USA. This reviews the present situation of the transportation sector and its role in the GNP and in the Federal budget. It discusses transport projections for 1985-1990, the interstate road system, rail, urban and air transport. The report is based mainly on US government data. It concludes with a brief comparison of the American and European transport systems. Transportation control in Belgium. This discusses Belgian transportation policy, its institutions and organization. The state controlled rail system is discussed, its operation, financing, rail passenger and freight transport. Road transport is discussed: government regulations, safety measures, public works investments, financing, passenger and freight transport by road. Finally the Belgian system is compared to international European transportation. 2. Modifications in Belgian transport legislation in 1973. This reports the main modifications in Belgian legislation concerning rail, road, inland and maritime navigation and air transportation. 3. Data on freight transport by road within and between member countries of the EEC in 1970. This is a resume of statistical data on the importance of road freight transport in EEC member states.
Ministry of Communication-Mail Teleph-Telegr, BelgBrussels, Belgium
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 120 p.
- Volume: 17
- Issue Number: 1
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Foreign; Freight transportation; Governments; Laws and legislation; Railroad transportation; Transportation; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Law; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00072068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM