FUTURE OUTLOOK FOR COMBINED TRANSPORT IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY: MARKET ANALYSES FOR CONTAINER AND FOR PIGGYBACK TRANSPORT
DIE ZUKUNFTSAUSSICHTEN DES KOMBINIERTEN VERKEHRS IN DER BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND.
This report is in two parts. Part 1 (Market analysis of container transport) is concerned with the prospects for inland container transport and how common carriers as well as the legislature can make it most attractive to firms shipping goods. It studies the potential market for containers, the prerequisites of containerization, the present situation (1970) and the future outlook. The market analysis proposes several measures for increasing the marketability of container transport. Part 2 (Market analysis of piggy-back transport) gives a quantification and delineation of the potential market of piggy-back transport. It states reasons for and against piggy-back transport and general and economic prerequisites. It studies the potential market, the management of piggy-back transport and its future in the Federal Republic. It also compares the three different types of piggy-back transport available. It recommends increased collaboration between public and private freight carriers in planning and managing combined transport in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Ministry of Transport, West GermanyBundesminister fuer Verkehr (BMV)
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 71 p.
- Issue Number: 36
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Containers; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation; Markets; Piggyback transportation; Shipping
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00072063
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM