DEMAND BEHAVIOR OF FIRMS SHIPPING GOODS IN THE FEDERAL PUBLIC OF GERMANY
DAS NACHFRAGEVERHALTEN DER VERLADENDEN WIRTSCHAFT IM GUETERVERKEHR DER BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND. EINE OEKONOMETRISCHE UND DEMOSKOPISCHE ANALYSE
The aim of this study is to define the terminology and to discuss practical ways of attaining price elasticity in the demand for goods movement. It distinguishes between direct price elasticity, cross price elasticity, substitution elasticity and income elasticity in demand of goods movement. Two econometric concepts of price elasticity are used: impulse elasticity and mean elasticity. This report outlines methods for determining price elasticities. It gives empirical data of socio-economic behavioral research with a critique and also empirical data of econometric time series analyses with a critique. It finally draws conclusions on direct price elasticity for commercial goods movement, for rail and inland water transport. It gives the cross price elasticity for truck, rail and water transport. It outlines future tasks for an analysis of demand in goods movement.
Ministry of Transport, West GermanyBundesminister fuer Verkehr (BMV)
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- Issue Number: 43
- TRT Terms: Demand; Elasticity (Mechanics); Freight traffic; Prices; Railroad transportation; Socioeconomic factors; Time series analysis; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Socioeconomic data
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00072062
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM