INVESTIGATION - COASTAL AUTOBAHN. SHORT VERSION
UNTERSUCHUNG KUESTENAUTOBAHN. KURZFASSUNG
The Federal Minister of Transport and the authorities in four North German states (Bremen, Hamburg, Niedersachsen, and Schleswig-Holstein) commissioned this report. The report summarized and coordinated the findings of four detailed reports about building three new expressways to complete the North German autobahn system. The four detailed reports which were assigned to four different investigators dealt with 1) crossings (both bridges and tunnels) over four navigable waterways, 2) the precise routes for the three expressways, 3) a diagnosis and prognosis of traffic, and 4) an economic analysis of construction costs. The economic analysis was not only a cost-benefit analysis based on accounting principles, but studied the expressways' effect on economic growth in the region. The Appendices contain detailed descriptions of alternative routes considered.
Ministry of Transport, West GermanyBundesminister fuer Verkehr (BMV)
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Bridge waterways; Coasts; Construction; Costs; Economic analysis; Expressways; Foreign; Railroad grade crossings; Regions; Traffic forecasting; Tunnels; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Coastal; Waterways (Transportation)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Economics; Finance; Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00072052
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM