REPORT ON THE COSTS OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE FOR RAILROAD, ROAD AND HIGHWAY, AND INLAND WATERWAY TRANSPORT IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY
BERICHT UEBER DIE KOSTEN DER WEGE DES EISENBAHNT, STRASSEN-UND BINNENSCHIFFSVERKEHRS IN DER BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND
The Federal Ministry of Transport wanted to determine the comparative costs of the various transport infrastructures. The report was prepared by a study group in the Federal Ministry, but with regular consultations with representatives of the three major transport branches. Any significant disagreements between the study group and the three representatives are indicated in the report. The two purposes behind the study were to equalize competition between the various branches of transport by referring the costs of the transport infrastructures to their respective users and to have each of the three forms of transport attain economic self-sufficiency. The total cost of each transport infrastructure was composed of the marginal costs (costs which depend upon an increase in traffic) and capacity costs (building and maintenance costs). The income from taxes, tolls, and fares for each transport network was then subtracted from the networks total costs to determine the degree (in percentages) to which each network covered its costs.
- This report is the thirty-fourth in a series published by the Federal Minister of Transport in the Federal Republic of Germany. The entire series is called "Schriftenreihe des Bundesministers fuer Verkehr."
Federal Transport Ministry, West GermanyBad Godesberg, Germany
- Publication Date: 1969-7
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Competition; Construction; Cost effectiveness; Costs; Economic analysis; Economics; Fares; Finance; Foreign; Friction; Governments; Hardness tests; Highway user taxation; Infrastructure; Inland waterways; Maintenance management; Motorist aid systems; Networks; Planning; Railroad transportation; Systems analysis; Tax receipts; Tolls; Transportation; Transportation modes
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Cost analysis; Friction index; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Highway user services; Transportation systems analysis
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00072048
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM