ENLARGED MEETING OF THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE OF THE AICCF
REUNION ELARGIE DU COMITE DE GESTION DE L'AICCF
A set of five borchures describes ITEP, the Institute of Transportation of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPF-L). It is one of four institutes within the civil engineering department. There is a staff of six, engaged in Teaching, and theoretical and applied research. Students must have prior knowledge of Rural Engineering, Civil Engineering and Architecture. Research programs fall into four categories: (1) Transportation planning. Ex: case studies involving dynamic analysis and choice evaluation. (2) Network and terminal design and operations. Ex: simulation study of the carrying capacity of a railroad track. (3) Transportation economics and management. Ex: track maintenance and renewal. (4) Computer applications. Ex: choice of investments from the viewpoints of industrial and welfare economics.
Institute de Technique des Transports1006 Lawsanne, Switzerland
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Education; Engineering; Personnel development; Technology; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Engineering education
- Geographic Terms: Switzerland
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00072039
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM