REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMISSION ON AN INVESTIGATION OF MEASURES FOR IMPROVING TRANSPORT CONDITIONS IN THE COMMUNITIES
BERICHT DER SACHVERSTAENDIGENKOMMISSION NACH DEM GESETZ UEBER EINE UTERSUCHUNG VON MABNAHMEN ZUR VERGESSERUNG DER VERKEHRSVERHAELTNISSE DER GEMEINDEN
A federal law (BGB1. I S. 1109) from 8.1.1971 called for this report. It studies measures for improving transport conditions in connection with regional and urban planning. The four main problems studied were: 1) to coordinate transportation planning of states and communities and to adapt these to the planned expansion of the federal highway system; 2) to balance mass transport with public and private transportation, including pedestrian and bicycle traffic, in order to insure free flowing and economical transportation; 3) to solve problems of parking through increased private initiative and to study a combination of below level parking with civil defense shelters; 4) to find relief for inner city transportation through developing new transportation levels which might also be used for civil defense shelters. The commission also studied measures to protect the public from detrimental effects of traffic, noise and air pollution.
Ministry of Transport, West GermanyBundesminister fuer Verkehr (BMV)
- Publication Date: 1964-8-24
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 229 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Bicycles; City planning; Civil defense; Communities; Economics; Pedestrians; Private transportation; Public health; Public transit; Regional transportation; Traffic flow; Traffic noise; Transportation; Transportation planning; Underground parking garages
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00072038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM