EXPERIMENTAL AND COMPARATIVE PROJECTS AND DEMONSTRATION SCHEMES: PEDESTRIAN AREAS: PART I - PATHS IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS
VERSUCHS-UND VERGLEICHSBAUTEN UND DEMONSTRATIVMA BNAHMEN FUBGANGERBEREICHE TEIL 1: WOHNWEGE
This report includes technical and financial data on building pedestrian areas, specifically paths in residential areas. The report studies the functions of pedestrian traffic and analyzes the needs of different age and social groups of users. It recommends landscaping that is aesthetically appealing and that will attract more and more users. It also studies the practical and cost effects that fewer supply roads will have on future construction in these residential areas. A detailed and well documented progress report of the research is given. The ratio of land use for floor space and pedestrian areas is calculated. The maximum ratio was 30.35 sq m of pedestrian area for each 100 sq m of floor space. The maximum and minimum lengths and widths and the construction costs of pedestrian areas are calculated, always distinguishing between single- and multi-family dwellings. Urban development has to include pedestrian and recreation areas in the initial stages of planning. The Urban Development Act provides the necessary legal basis for this planning.
Ministry of Demolition, Constr & City Plan, W GermDeichmanns Avenue
Bonn-Bad Godesberg, Germany
- Triebel, W
- Achterberg, G
- Gebhardt, D
- Blomensaht, F
- Zimicz, A
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 223 p.
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; City planning; Construction; Costs; Economic impacts; Land use; Landscape design; Legal factors; Pedestrian malls; Recreational facilities; Research; Residential areas; Urban areas; Urban development
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Finance; Highways; Law; Research; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00072023
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: 01.047 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM