JOINT TRANSIT INDUSTRY TRAINING PROJECT FOR EMPLOYMENT OF THE HANDICAPPED CASE STUDIES: TRAINER'S GUIDE
The ten case studies in this booklet comprise one portion of a training program designed to assist managers in the public transportation industry in their efforts to hire and accommodate handicapped persons. The case studies are illustrative of the types of problems that confront handicapped persons in securing jobs and the issues faced by personnel decision-makers and supervisors who may be dealing with handicapped employees in greater numbers than ever before. The situations that form the basis of these of these case studies reflect actual policies and practices in effect in the public transit industry today. They are designed to provide managers and supervisors with an increased awareness of the needs and concerns of the handicapped worker and provide a basis for discussion of constructive ways of addressing these concerns within the parameters of sound management practice.
Russell (Harold) Associates, Incorporated235 Bear Hill Road
Winchester, MA United States 01890
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Planning, Management and Demonstrations
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Diseases and medical conditions; Employment; Management; Personnel; Persons with disabilities; Policy; Supervision; Training; Transit operating agencies
- Old TRIS Terms: Management policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Policy; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00389374
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0105-81-1, DTUM60-80-C-72042
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 30 1984 12:00AM