SOUTH CAROLINA TRANSPORTATION MARKETING MANUAL
This marketing manual was prepared specifically to aid the transit systems of South Carolina by providing marketing knowledge, examples and procedures available throughout the U.S. Transportation management planning and marketing professions have made a substantial contribution to the transit ridership increases in recent years through the development of workable marketing procedures, and through the design and implementation of creative approaches to the unique problem of selling transit services to an automobile-oriented society. The manual is designed to cover the planning, development, execution and refinement of a marketing program sequentially. Sections discuss the following: Public perception; government/political leaders; business community; media; passenger information; merchandising and promotions; passenger amenities; routing/scheduling; personnel; maintenance; fares; and planning. There is information on target marketing and measuring the impact of marketing.
Carter, Goble, Roberts, Incorporated,
Office of the Governor, South CarolinaDivision of Economic Development and Transportation
Columbia, SC United States
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 197 p.
- TRT Terms: Advertising; Bus stops; Maintenance; Marketing; Passenger information systems; Personnel; Politics; Publicity; Quality of service; Route choice; Scheduling
- Geographic Terms: South Carolina
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00389370
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-84-18
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 2003 12:00AM