CYCLE TRACKS IN METROPOLITAN ADELAIDE
Increasing car-bicycle collisions have given impetus to the consideration of cycle tracks, or bikeways, in Adelaide. A study was initiated to determine the feasibility of implementing demonstration tracks and to select potential sites. Tracks could lead from the suburbs to the central city. Cyclists should use low traffic density residential streets to get to the tracks. Where the tracks cross streets, pedestrian activated signals would be installed.
Director General of Transport, AustraliaAdelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Bicycles; Bikeways; Feasibility analysis; Location; Prevention; Safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00072019
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM