RAILWAYS IN RURAL AREAS
The report discusses the economic aspects of maintaining railway services in areas of low population density, and considers the following topics: financial performance of rural railways, and comparative studies--alternatives to rail, cost effectiveness and benefits from rural rail service provision.
University of OxfordTransport Studies Unit, 11 Bevington Road
Oxford, United Kingdom OX2 6NB
- Kilvington, R
- Publication Date: 1984-2
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Economic analysis; Passenger service; Population; Railroads; Rural areas; Travel demand
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Economics; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00389349
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TSU/REF-242
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1984 12:00AM