ORANGE COUNTY TRANSIT DISTRICT ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED SERVICE: A CASE STUDY
This case study reviews and assesses the specialized transportation program provided by the Orange County (California) Transit District. The Orange County Transit District operates a demand responsive system, Dial-A-Ride, which services the general public as well as the elderly and handicapped population. A description of the services provided and the system's funding arrangement is included.
North Carolina A&T State University, GreensboroTransportation Institute
Greensboro, NC United States 27411
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Walther, E S
- Publication Date: 1983-8
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Demand responsive transportation; Financing; Paratransit services; Persons with disabilities
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Public Transportation; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00389347
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-SRP-84-3 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 30 1984 12:00AM