1982 WORLD'S FAIR TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM EVALUATION
This report describes the highway, transit and other transportation arrangements made to accommodate visitors to the Knoxville World's Fair, how they were planned, and how they worked. Functional components of the transportation system discussed include parking, roadway improvements, transit services, provisions for emergency vehicles, shuttle buses, and pedestrian circulation links. The report also includes a summary of the lessons learned in planning of such provisions, covering permit applications, transportation plan implementation, relations between public agencies and fair promoters, marketing to tour groups, and specific lessons for each of the major transportation components. The report includes many maps and diagrams illustrating the changes that were made. The report should be of special interest to those planning transportation in conjunction with major exhibitions, sporting events, air shows, county or state fairs, and similar events which draw large numbers of people over a short period of time.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
- See also TRIS 386267.
Knoxville-Knox County Metropolitan Planning CommSuite 403 City/County Building, 400 Main Avenue
Knoxville, TN United States 37092
Office of the Secretary of TransportationTechnology Sharing Program, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1982-12
- Pagination: 184 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transit; Highway design; Parking; Pedestrian flow; Shuttle buses; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Tennessee
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus services; Expositions
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00389331
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-83-4
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 30 2003 12:00AM