HOW YOU CAN INCREASE TRAFFIC SAFETY--PRACTICAL PROGRAM FOR COMMERCIAL GOODS MOVEMENT
WIE SIE AN VERKEHRS SICHERHEIT GEWINNEN KOENNEN- AKTIONSPROGRAMM DES GEWERBLICHEN GOETERKRAFTVERKEHRS
This is a program for traffic safety for commercial freight carriers. It deals with safety measures within the transport companies related to drivers,equipment and maintenance of vehicles and to continuing traffic safety education in different stages and for special areas. It proposes safety measures to be undertaken by the associations of freight carriers alone and in collaboration with public and other institutions. It also considers the impact of transport policy on traffic safety measures. Appendix 1 reports the relatively low rate of accidents involving trucks. Appendix 2 is a checklist of safety points for trucks and drivers.
German Federal Associations of Freight CarriersFrankfurt am Main, Germany
- Dreskornfeld, W
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Safety; Traffic safety; Traffic safety education; Truck drivers; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00072006
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM