This publication of the hearings on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) presents statements by Senators Danforth and Hollings, as well as statements by several witnesses. Additional articles, letters, and statements are also included. The statement by Senator Danforth focuses on NHTSA'S mission to improve auto safety and specifically on passive restraints and bumpers.
- Hearing before the Subcommittee on Surface Transportation of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation United States Senate 98th Congress, 1st Session on Oversight of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
United States SenateCommittee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1983-9-13
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Bumpers; Hearings; Passive restraint systems; Traffic safety; Vehicle safety
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00389174
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 98-43, HS-036 649
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1984 12:00AM