EPA EVALUATION OF THE GYROSCOPIC WHEEL COVER DEVICE UNDER SECTION 511 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE INFORMATION AND COST SAVINGS ACT. TECHNICAL REPORT
This report announces the conclusions of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) evaluation of the Gyroscopic Wheel Cover under the provisions of Section 511 of the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act. The evaluation of the Gyroscopic Wheel Cover device was conducted upon the application of Simmer Wheels, Incorporated. The device is a mechanical assembly which replaces each of the standard wheel covers on a vehicle. The device is claimed to improve fuel economy, handling and braking characteristics, and the life of the brakes and tires.
Environmental Protection AgencyEmission Control Technology Division, 2565 Plymounth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Syria, S L
- Publication Date: 1983-6
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Braking; Driving; Fuel consumption; Gyroscopes; Handling characteristics; Improvements; Performance tests; Service life; Tires; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Covering
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00389149
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1984 12:00AM