STUDY OF WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREA TRANSIT AUTHORITY'S SAFETY PROCEDURES FOR THE PROPOSED METRO SYSTEM
Some of the identifiable high-risk areas of Metro that could benefit from a system safety review of the proposed system are outlined. The Safety Board recommends that WMATA develop the capability within its organization for system safety engineering and apply system safety principles to all aspects of the proposed Metro System to identify, assess, and correct those deficiencies identified by the analysis.
National Transportation Safety BoardOffice of Surface Transportation Safety
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Safety; Safety engineering; System safety
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00071942
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Transportation Safety Board
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-RSS-70-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM