SEATTLE METRO ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED SERVICES: A CASE STUDY
This case study describes and assesses the specialized transportation programs provided by Seattle METRO. While METRO does not directly provide specialized transportation services for the elderly and handicapped, METRO funds a taxi scrip program in the City of Seattle and King County and a Rural Van Program in the rural areas of King County where taxi service is limited.
North Carolina A&T State University, GreensboroTransportation Institute
Greensboro, NC United States 27411
- Walther, E S
- Publication Date: 1983-10
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Paratransit services; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Rural areas; Taxicabs; User side subsidies
- Geographic Terms: Seattle (Washington)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00387921
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-SRP-84-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 30 1984 12:00AM