STUDY OF LEVELS OF PACKAGING/PACKING OF CONTAINERIZED AMMUNITION
The study required a detailed review of the present ammunition logistics system and a visualization of the system as it would be with maximum use of containers. Natural and induced environments throughout the system were evaluated. Previous studies were reviewed and available data evaluated, including results of studies and tests of other type containers, shelters, and vehicles. User representatives of combat, combat support and combat service support organizations provided information used to assess the impact on missions at the organizational, direct support and general support levels, including supply, maintenance, surveillance, equipment changes, and safety. (Author)
Picatinny ArsenalDover, NJ United States
- McGaughy, R V
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Intermodal transportation; Logistics; Military shipments; Network analysis (Planning); Transportation; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Military traffic
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00071844
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PA-TR-4669 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1974 12:00AM